Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kara arrives!!!

YEAAAAHHHHH!!!! Kara arrives around 7:00 pm. Of course, we only found each other at the airport thanks to the overhead intercom, on which you hear someone's name being called out about every five minutes. Suvarnabhumi Airport is massive, and the arrival meeting point is more like an arrival arena. It is very hard to find someone. When I first arrived in Thailand, and Kookai picked me up from the airport - she had to use the intercom, too.

Taxi back to Saladaeng Residence, the smaller, but still incredibly comfortable room. We went out for a dinner, which was not so impressive. We also then realized that the area across the main street was a very gay neighborhood. It took me about 15 minutes at the restaurant to realize this, even though we were the only women in the restaurant, and there was a huge gay pride flag flying on the ceiling. :o) Didn't realize...

I must say, Kara did really well with the jetlag, and outbeat me in energy. For me, I think it was the first time in a month that I could relax completely in a comfortable atmosphere with amenities like home, such as hot water!

No comments:

Post a Comment