Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Australian Friend

His name is Bruce.  I met him on Mount Rinjani - that crazy volcano that Bridget and I summited in Lombak, Indonesia.  He was on our 'sister' trekking group.  He lives in Duncraig, a suburb just a 10 minute drive (or 5 train stops) south of me.  As the only person I know here in Western Australia, I contacted him immediately after I arrived.  He took me to a local, live comedy show one Thursday Night - which actually turned out to be quite funny.  A few of the comedians were of Indian/ Middle Eastern descent and took a slap at themselves.  One guy likened immigration to a party.  You have to think of it like a party.  You want to be fashionably late.  If you arrive early, then you have to help set shit up!  If you arrive too late, there's nothing left. 

And then... Bruce invited me to Margaret River, about 3.5 hours drive south of Perth.  My first sight-seeing in Australia...

No comments:

Post a Comment