Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last Week!

So, it is finally and actually my last week this semester! I will be staying next semester in Sri Racha, beginning on November 2nd. Until then, I have 6 weeks (unpaid) vacation! My plans ...

On Saturday afternoon, I am getting on a bus to Bangkok (and hopefully, won't get kicked off this time), and then onto the BTS to switch to the subway to get to Hualamphong train station. Then, I am getting on the 7:20 pm overnight rapid, express train to Chiang Mai. Bridget is getting on the same train in Nakhon Sawan, and hopefully we'll find each other. There were no more sleeping cars available, so we will be rockin' the night out on seats in an air-conditioned 2nd class car. We should arrive in Chiang Mai at 7:40 am on Sunday, September 20th. We are then meeting up with Georgeanna, Kelly and J, and headed to a small town outside of Chiang Mai to spend the night.

Early Monday morning, we are catching the slow boat (2 days) into Luang Prabang, Laos. Our plans there are that we have no itinerary, so I will write from there. I plan to spend about a week in Laos, and then the rest of the girls are headed into Vietnam. I will leave to head back into Thailand, probably via bus with a night stop over in Vang Vieng, Laos. Once I get back into Thailand, I have to make my way to Mochit Northeastern bus terminal, and catch a bus to Sangklaburi in Kanchanaburi. From there I will get into a truck and head to Ban Dada Children's home (www.bandada.org), near the Myanmar border. I plan to spend almost 2 weeks there.

Kara arrives in Bangkok on October 16th at 7:00 pm, so I will head to Bangkok that day, check-in to our hotel (still to be determined) and then go pick her up at the airport. We plan to spend a couple days in Bangkok and then go to Sri Racha for a couple of days. From there, back to Bangkok to catch a flight on October 21st to Phuket. We will do one or two nights in Phuket, then head to the island of Ko Phi Phi, and from there a boat to Krabi. October 29th, we will fly from Krabi back to Bangkok, with four hours to spare before Kara departs Thailand. And, I will head home to Sri Racha...

Lots up ahead... keep following. I will try to update as much as possible. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment