Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Director's Party

On Friday night, we were invited to attend a party at our school for the Director. She won some award from the King, something about her dedication to the education of Thai children. Howard and I arrived at around 6:15, and things didn't really start picking up until 7:30 ish or so. Thai style. Most of the teachers attended and we were all seated at round tables in this huge atrium. Food was served slowly, and teachers individually sang karaoke as guests continually and slowly arrived. And what do you know... there was a dog walking around! I was headed to Bangkok for the weekend, could not stand the horrible singing and Thai speeches, so I left at 7:30. It didn't seem like I missed much. Some pictures below...


The King in the background



The Director, in pink



Dogs at the Party... T-I-T


Pich, Madam's Granddaughter







1 comment: