Thursday, May 14, 2009

T-I-T

T-I-T stands for "This Is Thailand". Anytime something goes wrong, or something doesn't happen the way it is supposed to, or something just doesn't make sense, we all say "T-I-T", meaning anything goes... I just wanted to explain this, as I expect to use it a lot in my future blogs. Eric, the director of MediaKids human resources taught it to us during orientation.

It's what I had to say to myself while waiting on the ferry to Ko Samet for over an hour, when it was supposed to leave at 7 pm. It's what I said every 10 minutes in Pattaya. It's what I said when one bus one way charges 50 baht, and the same bus the other way charges 150 baht. It's what we (especially Allie and Liz) say whenever they are charged a higher price because they are 'farang' - westerners, white people. It's what we say when a 1 1/2 hour trip turns into 3 hours. Etc., etc., etc...

Ronald McDonald doing the Wai (in Sri Racha's Department Store)

No comments:

Post a Comment